Today this location is the center of most political activity in Chicago, but this was also the location where global sports manufacturing began. In 1876, A.G. Spalding opened the first Spalding and Bros. store at this spot. Back then, the address was 118 Randolph St. The multi-billion dollar business of sports manufacturing that extends to every corner of the planet began at this sport more nearly 150 years ago.
If the map above doesn’t work properly, please try this link instead to the map of all GeoVerse® entries: